Thursday, October 06, 2005

Verrry shishy...

There has been a lot of disease and death in our house this year. And there has been a lot of debate over who is responsible for all of it.

We have this fish. I like to call him Evil Killer. We bought him and his little blue friend and poured them into their new home, the 40 gallon fish tank in our living room.

After a while, we added a few more fish, and then a few more after that. It was such a happy scene, and fun to see Noelle captivated by the “shishes”. But then, one by one, the happy shishes began to die off. Apparently there had been an outbreak. We tried to treat it as soon as we noticed, but it was just too late. Every day we would count to see how many fish we had left. And every few days one more cadaver would be floating at the top. Except for the one whose head was detached and floating eerily around by itself. Eeew.

I don’t remember how long this lasted, but eventually we were down to one. And yes, this one is the one I call the Evil Killer. I am convinced that he wanted to rule the vast aquarium. To have the rest of the fish call him Poseidon and bring him flakes from the surface. But they must’ve opposed him. He infected all of them with the secret vial of iocane powder he’d smuggled back from the pet store. (Ok, ok - it was probably ick.) I’m still not sure how he built up his immunity, but he got his wish and became lone resident of his water kingdom.

He was alone for a while. I didn’t want to bring any more fish home just to meet their end at the hands of a killer. I was waiting for him to die so we could just have a terrarium. But I was overruled.

Evil Killer has an ally. His name is Brian. Brian is convinced that Evil Killer did not, in fact, kill the rest of the fish. His version of the story is…


That he PERSEVERED!!

Through ABOMINABLE circumstances!!

BEAT the disease!!

AAAND…

against ALL ODDS!!

LIVED!!

Through the horrible epidemic.


So…on Sunday we went to the pet store and got five more fish. And Monday? One of them was dead. You draw your own conclusions, but I’m sticking to my theory. There is a killer among us. And no shish is safe at our house.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

EEEEEW!! That sounds horrible!

I didn't know that either. You may have saved our shishies lives because now if I paint I'll think about that. Or maybe that's how I'll get back at the Evil Killer.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! Were those really their names? That's hilarious!

I never had fish long enough to name them before. Looks like that trend has stuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home