Friday, March 10, 2006

This week's big debate

Brian has been trying (unsuccessfully) for the last week to convince me that a pair of his socks are dress socks. I insist that he is crazy and that they are not. They are most definitely athletic socks and he does not know what he is talking about.


His argument:

1) They are scratchy inside.
2) They are off white.
3) They just are.


My counter (which is longer, and also right):

1) They are a little scratchy. (If he thinks that all dress socks are scratchy, then we really need to get him some new dress socks.)
2) Dingy is not the new beige.
3) No they are not.
4) They are too thick to be dress socks, therefore, they will not fit into dress shoes.
5) They say Nike across the top. Which is ribbed. Not for my pleasure.
6) Again, no they are not.


Behold the socks in question:


Exhibit A Posted by Picasa



I think the evidence is clear. You may tell him he’s crazy if you wish. I would find that extremely funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home